My newest inspiration

7:55 AM 0 Comments A+ a-

I am very far from avant garde when it comes to music preferences.  I don't go seeking for the latest anyone and I still listen to my favorite tracks from the 90's on my current playlist. Unless I hear it perchance and fall in LOVE with it I don't really go looking for it. Don't get me wrong- there are new songs that come into my life on the daily but they've usually been known and loved and used up and tossed like a condom by other music enthusiasts by the time I get around to hearing it for the first time.

It's not that I don't care for music. I absolutely need to have music in my life. Constantly. I just don't need constant musical revelations in my life. I never really felt like my music library was lacking some one ridiculous band that is a must have on any and every playlist. Again, don't get me wrong- my library is extremely limited. I have friends who have several separate hardrives full of just music and I can barely fill up my 8 gig ipod. I've just never felt that musical drive to collect more, have more, experience more.

Until now.

Chris Owyoung is amazing. Amazing. He's not even a musician. He's a photographer. And he makes me want to know more about every band and musician he has ever done a portrait of.

His photos are amazing. I can't think of another word right now that's all I've got.

Just go look.

Be sure to look at the galleries page too. Maybe you're thinking yeah well lots of photographers take great portrait shots in studios with ridiculous equipment. But check out his concert photos.


ARTICLE_06.jpg
photo by Chris Owyoung


I swear if i couldn't see the screaming fans I'd have thought those were done in studio too. They are SO sharp!! Holy crap. Seriously If I could practice and practice and somehow eventually, maybe, by some stroke of fortune, with a minor revelation of hidden talent, take photos like any one of his. That's just where my sentence ends.


ARTICLE_09.jpg
photo by Chris Owyoung


He is definitely my newest inspiration. Now if you will excuse me. I will be poring over everything and anything his name is attached to so I can maybe absorb some of his skill through my eyeholes.