Winter is here!

10:04 AM 0 Comments A+ a-

With only four days of fall in between Summer and Winter. My fingers are freezing off at a speed of really really fast. :/ My NaNoWriMo assignment is... failing to say the least though i DID start. i did i did. But why? Because my mommy bought me a christmas present early and tis is... tis is.... YES!! IT'S A CAMERA!! remember?

And my god I can say that though i've always said it i've proven myself right in that when I know myself, sheesh I know myself. Despite completely forgetting about my "Camera Wish List" post, I ended up getting pretty much exactly what I wanted. Seriously-

Introducing: My first DSLR

Like my car it is dependable, beat up, used, completely endearing, stock, and RIDICULOUSLY functional. Exactly like I wished for. Only difference is I didn't get the Canon T3, I got a Nikon D70s. Uh-mazing.

For $250 I got this lovely used camera body with the kit 18-70mm lens just like everybody else. Though because I bought it from a very good friend of mine, Kellen, I got a great deal to include a few CF cards, an extra battery, the pretty little manual, and just the happy feeling of not having to worry if i'm being ripped off with a shit product.

that's meeeeee! taken at Frenchman Coulee where i climb the day I got my D70s.
photo by Kellen Harrel

Then, as a treat to me-self, I got a Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G prime to go with my pretty little camera!! Though not the Canon EF 50mm f1.4 USM (for obvious reasons) I will say that I pretty much got everything I said I'd get. And for a grand total of $410.

Learning so much already- I'll post a photo of my little dear as well as a photo of my OTHER little dear (Mori) so you can see how much he's GROWWWWN!! wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

One thing I regret is that I did not have this camera sooner so that I could have taken some very pretty pictures of Bungae for us to remember him. As it is, there are no frameable photos of Bungae to hang in our house in his memory :'(