Gasworks then B&O

10:27 AM 3 Comments A+ a-

What a weekend~ super busy finishing up my patio and then some!

Friday night I went out!!! and picked up rocks for my yard... of course. What did you think I meant out to party? pshaw! that's something only young people do. Didn't I mention I'm already in my EARLY TWENTIES!? {sigh} it disturbs me how much my granny-like tendencies don't disturb me. To ask "what's wrong with me" wouldn't even begin to scratch the surface so.... I went to pick up rocks, brought back a small pickup full and on the way, I went to another random person's house who was giving away free raspberry plants! How could I resist?!?! So I went and dug up some spindly raspberry canes to plant in my garden that has already run out of room {sad}. Got home, unloaded half of the rocks, checked on my plant babies, put down a few patio pavers, got tired, and went inside....



Saturday in the morning i got to sleep in until about 9 by which point my super energetic mom had decided to unload the rest of the rocks from my truck. Had breakfast outside in the fantastical weather and then headed out for the day! I cheated on Home Depot and went to see what that hooker Lowes had to offer... needless to say I was disappointed- no, I felt dirty having gone there {shudder} never again will I be so foolish! So then I went to Home Depot, grabbed some more sand and gravel and got home to do some more patio paving. Jeebus this project took a quick minute! Back's aching, right shoulder is stiff from hammering away, forearms are tight from grappling and wrestling heavy materials.... I feel like i'm ready to face wild animals!
While I was paving away, I noticed on craigslist an ad for FREE RHUBARBS! I'm thinking "free raspberries? FREE RHUBARB?? yes please!" So i called them up, and I drove 4 miles out to pick up some of the healthiest and hardiest rhubarb I have ever seen! I only need a little bit and the drive out was mostly just to take a break but the sweet old man was determined to get ride of his crop and just kept yanking them up! Now I've got rhubarb coming out the butthole with no idea what to do with them. But I asked him for some roots so I can plant my own and WHOOO! I got some~
Back to the patio... Realized I was still going to be short about 4 bags of sand. Got as much as I could done with the sand on hand and had to wait for the rest to finish. THEN I FORGOT TO PUT THE RASPBERRY CANES IN WATER AND THEY DRIED OUT!!!

Sunday I woke up at 7:30 to realize that my raspberry canes had been left out! what to do what to do?! I quickly stuck them in water and hoped for the best.. plants are always super hardy and and despite what we think, will perk right back up. A few ended up dying, but most revived throughout the day with lots of cold water and some shade. As it was Mother's Day, I woke up my very own so that we could go on a drive to pick up composted horse manure! OF COURSE! I laid a few more pavers, then hitched up the truck to go get that poop! The guy who was giving away the poop was really nice and quite frankly, had the life I kinda wanna live- tons of land, surrounded by open space, giant veggie garden by the house, fields and fields of hops for the breweries, two super badass dogs, horses and sweet stables, and chickens! I aspire to be this man one day... and i'm not even kidding. maybe minus the chickens- though i do like eggs... maybe plus the chickens then.
The moms and I went to breakfast with the poop in the back and we were both super excited about the poop because our garden is going to be uh-mazing! Breakfast was mediocre to say the least but it was ok because we just kind of talked and hung out. When we got home, it was work work work and LO AND BEHOLD! I FINISHED THE PATIO!! well... ALMOST completely finished the patio. we were short a few small edging pavers which i gotta get today. Once i clean up the surface and put in the jointer sand, all will be finished. for REAL. after two years. wooooooooot!

Then it was time for my Sunday voyage to seattle. This time I had a companion~ my darling friend Maricruz! it was a much faster drive than normal so that was really nice. Once we got into the city, we decided to head for the water as it was such an amazingly warm day! We went through the University district which is very cute. The traffic wasn't that bad for being a giant city, but it sucked nonetheless. Then we got to Gasworks Park. Very enjoyable as well... I almost ran over a biker. I don't like bikers. They just clutter up the road and is extremely stressing for drivers. And they think they own the road... like move over already! But seriously... it was very stressful and I was not happy. stupid bikers....
Once at the park, the day was glorious! little birds kept coming by to say hi! kayakers were amok- and i was jealous. and then we headed over to a little place to eat.... By this point we were starvationing!!! so B&O came up as a great little place and honestly, it was nice. but the service was nothing spectacular, and the veggies we ordered came out lukewarm. I feel like salads are by default, supposed to be cold... i dunno. maybe i'm crazy. But then Maricruz started not feeling too good and they day was getting cooler so we decided to head on out. I think lukewarm salad builds gas in your body because i felt bloated and not too good either after a while :( all in all, despite being SUPER hungry, i think we were both a little disappointed by B&O which had come so highly recommended..
The best part was going back to Maricruz's adorable apt. on Capitol Hill to have some really excellent cheese and playing adult mad libs! Hilarious. Then home.

Today I get to put in the final edge pavers, sweep, drop in the joint sand, and unload horse poop out of my car :) Happy Monday~

3 comments

Write comments
Bastiat
AUTHOR
May 14, 2012 at 11:26 PM delete

"..lukewarm salad builds gas in your body.." ewwww, but I thought you were a girl or something!?

Reply
avatar
SooJangles
AUTHOR
May 16, 2012 at 11:08 AM delete

you're a disgrace. you should be ashamed of yourself.

Reply
avatar
Bastiat
AUTHOR
May 16, 2012 at 2:21 PM delete

ummm.. I'm not the one with gas, Miss..

Reply
avatar