farming~~~

8:01 AM 0 Comments A+ a-

I wish I could be a farmer. Not just the backyard garden kind- the multi-acre kind. I've been planting little seeds and my babies have been growing! I haven't had this much fun in forever. Climbing is thrilling, buying is thrilling, reading is pleasurable, sleeping is euphoric, but gardening and seeing the fruits of your labor... it makes me giddy like a child in a candy store. The funny thing about it is I didn't have to do anything but pop the seeds in, water it, and very occasionally put a cover over the tray so that the wind doesn't cool the soil too much. The plants basically just grow on their own and what's more, it went from a week of not seeing any changes in the soil to four sprouts shooting through in one day!! I'll be posting pictures soon but crazily, when I took pictures at 7 am Saturday morning, only one of the tray pods had a little sprout but when I came back from working at about 11 am, there were four! How did that happen?! It was so amazing that randomly I catch myself sitting next to the tray and staring at the soil as if I'll be able to see the damn things actually pop out of the ground.... Don't laugh.



Now, I've got a 94 pod planter tray so I'll be planting more seeds! The only problem is, I don't have enough physical ground to transplant my babies once they've grown... It really is just too sad. I can see how people go a little overboard and just have massive overgrowth everywhere... I'm sure they're like me and they just couldn't resist seeing the little sprouts come up again and again! But, no matter, I've got a plan so that I can grow the most on the land that I have!

What does my garden look like right now? I've got growing:

Yellow Pear heirloom Tomatoes
Black Krim heirloom Tomatoes
Lemon heirloom Cucumbers
Green Globe Artichokes
Friggitello heirloom Peppers
Fairy Tale Eggplants
Early Midnight Hybrid Eggplants
Stevia
Cilantro

My next additions will include a kind of sweet potato, a purple potato, strawberries, salad mix greens, radishes, and maybe snow peas. One thing for sure, the back work that needs to go into working the earth is no joke. There's a reason why cowboys and farmers were all super strong and fit! When I get my acre farm I'm getting the super cool machines you get to ride on as you till :P