I just wanna be a foodie~

1:51 PM 1 Comments A+ a-

Is that too much to ask for? I want to read about food, look at food, definitely make the food, then eat the food, then talk about food, and take pictures of food, and write about food! I want to do all of these things! WHY? WHY WHY?!  It's just... that I don't have to time to devote to being a total food junkie.
I don't even have time to be an anything junkie. I just... can't be a junkie of any kind. I consider this a huge failure and a gaping hole in my life. sad.



But in my attempt to be as close to a foodie as possible, i completely disregarded the brand new schedule that i laid out for myself and didn't do any of the things mentioned (except for my extremely important return to the gym!!) but cook. And there were some tragedies.

And there were some EPIC things!!

My icecreams = no good. They were alright but nothing to write home about, and definitely nothing to cry cheers of joy over. my fatboy soul wept- yes, wept! The devastation that was left in my soul cavity is something that cannot be spoken of.
The olive oil ice cream just.... did not cream up in the maker, so i shoved it in the freezer and it didn't process properly- which is to be expected because of the very careless way I dealt with it. It's still sitting in my freezer crying for love. I think i'm going to melt it and then redo something about it so it's not so- bleh. The lemon coconut sorbet left LOTS to be desired- whoever wrote up that recipe = fail. lemon and coconut just... I just feel like they should not be together in the way of frozen dessert.  The flavor makes me feel sick. It's just no good. Next time, I'm sticking with coconut and coconut. Done and done, baby.

You know what is awesome though? oatmeal in a mason jar, stewed overnight, ready to chomp on in the morning, no cooking necessary. THAT is what's up. New thing that i'm doing- SO easy! I just put some together the day before and then i've got breakfast for the week!! what?! how did nobody tell me this before? i'm appalled, and upset, and then pleasantly surprised all over again every time i eat one!

My pee has been smelly lately and the culprit is asparagus. why does this happen? who makes it happen? what is the meaning behind all this?! asparagus is soooooo yummy! and it makes me SOOOOO happy! it's a shame i always have to be reminded of my asparagus rompage in the aftermath... is this grossing you out?
ok, i'll stop. but..... true story man.

I've planted my babes into the ground finally. So the official count is this:
1 rhubarb plant
6 raspberry canes
4 lemon cucumber vines
12 murasaki sweet potato slips
2 black krim tomato bushes
2 yellow pear tomato bushes
2 early midnight eggplant plants
2 fairytale eggplant plants
2 friggitello pepper plants
2'x2' plot of blue potatoes
2'2' plot of red potatoes
4 swiss chards
4 artichoke plants
a ton of bok choy
2 big mama lima bean poles
several silverline melon vines
8 purple snap pea bushes
10+ salad rose radishes
10+ watermelon radishes
10+ walla walla onions
10+ purple dragon carrots

Not in the ground but sprouting in pots is:
1 mango tree
2 avocado trees

Still waiting for sprouts and/or to be planted:
Creme de la Creme melons
luffa gourds
table queen acorn squash
5 lemon trees
chinese lantern vines
basil (sprouted)
cilantro (sprouted)
stevia (barely sprouted)

It's a shame i didn't get to plant my strawberry popcorn corn this year- next time!
I'm currently learning about companion planting. It's a bit late for this year because i've already put almost everything in the ground, but next year, I will be jazzed and ready with plans and diagrams and names and labels and proper sunligh and real irrigation.... at least in theory :)



1 comments:

Write comments