Come Boot Cha!!

12:13 PM 0 Comments A+ a-



WHAT IS THIS!?

it's a beverage. actually spelled Kombucha.

I shun this drink because this pretty little bottle full of VILE tasting fermentation is $4 a pop!! ARRGGHSHSH!!??!?!

This I told my long friend Crooz as she was describing how her babies were molding. (wtf??!?)

That's right. I thought, (WTF?!?!? BABIES?!? MOLD!?) but articulated aloud, "Ugh I tried komucha when I lived in New York and I think it's a silly fad that is completely overpriced for it's pretty little jar."
http://msnbcmedia1.msn.com/j/MSNBC/Components/Photo/_new/g-hlth-100415-rombucha-2p.grid-6x2.jpg
yeah, this crap.


DAMMIT ME!! another case of super quick judgment call. this time- i was wrong. From my one HORRIFYING experience with store bought kombucha, I had condemned all the wonderful bacteria that had never even met my belly or done me wrong!

I am shamed. and I know better now.

Kombucha is a kind of sweet tea that has been fermented. It has been around forever even before the pretty labels. I was referring to it is the name of the company that rapes peoples' wallets for vinegar tasting fluid (see above). But the reality is that Kombucha can taste wonderful and be ridiculously good for your daily probiotic/bacteria intake and it'll make your tummy smile!!

So, guess what?

My friend, as your friendly neighbor DIYer, I'm gonna make myself a nasty looking little Scoby at home to start my own batch of kombucha!! And it will be delectable!! and it will make my tummy giggle!! Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

I have since apologized and explained to Crooz my idiocy and ignorance. We are planning to make babies together of the scoby kind! we're very proud.