my problem is...

8:42 AM 0 Comments A+ a-

I always stop and obsess over recipes that are dips or casseroles of some kind! Why why why!? there's only two in my house who will eat anything i make therefore considering dips are not adequate sources of nutrition and sustenance and casseroles require multiple days of eating the same thing or multipe people of eating it once, neither kind of recipes are practical choices for me.

On top of that- my entire cooking life I never paid attention to the servings that the recipe yields because 1 cup of this and 1/2 cup of that seems so harmless.... and then combing all 700 ingredients on that list and oops... i guess i'm not catering for a giant wedding. shoulda checked that before hand :/

Why do i do this??? i dunno but i have taken measures to stop this.

No matter what the yield written on the recipe i halve all the ingredients. no matter WHAT. this prevents multiple days of eating failed attempts. and prevents waste. and preserves ingredients for future adventures. aka saves me a BUTT ton of money.

I bought a new toaster oven. the oven is bigger than my last (can fit a 2 ct. pan easily) but smaller than my actual oven. this act further releases me of the drive to cook large quantities when i decide to use the oven to use up the energy for many things instead of heating up the entire oven for one pie.... again- saving me money and wasted food and energy.

Now with these two measures, i can cook to my heart's content and feel less guilty about producing many failed attempts. I can also feel less guilty about using a TON of ingredients for so very little consumed...

Now all I need is to find recipes that entice me to cook actual meals and not party snacks...

but they look SOOOOO gooood! UGH.