Scaling Back

11:54 AM 0 Comments A+ a-

What's happened since then, hm? Since when, hm?

I haven't bought a DSLR but I am researching on how to do it effectively and cheaply. Tick that off at about an estimated $500.

My work schedule is sinking in and waking up at 4:45 in the morning is become less and less like a life threatening feat. Schedule is filling up though- not enough hours in the day. Headaches of the splitting kind seem keen to pursue me- why? I don't know. I guestimate dehydration as per usual and try to consume much water. Yet processing paperwork and vocal requests at such early hours beg me to reach first for the bean and second for the hydox. By lunch, I'm still working on the coffee and haven't yet touched my water. My eyes are over drying now. Haven't worn contacts in a week- feel weird about it but i'd rather not push it.

Eye problems are constant, for me and my mom. Lasik is being considered. At about $3500 a person, it is somewhat reasonable to think of getting it done. Mom's health insurance will definitely not cover it. Will mine? We'll see.

Picking up rock climbing again- but this time on real rock. It's absolutely awesome! Met up with some people I met on a climbing forum for the cascades and had an amazing time. Just ordered shoes and a harness which should get me up and climbing at least for a while. Eventually I'll have to get a rope and clips. Did my first lead on Monday~ of course it was a SUPER easy climb that you can basically walk up but it was definitely good for learning to lead. Hopefully the equip gets here soon!

Signed up to volunteer at a horse ranch that uses horseback riding as a method of therapy for those who have certain physical and some mental handicaps. I signed up to go volunteer on Mondays but it looks like those are the days I'll get to climb. Horses? Rocks? Which should I choose? Maybe I'll keep up with this rock climbing crowd until I get the hang of it and then volunteer at the ranch for the next session. Does that make me selfish?

Acting classes are picking up. Not sure how I feel about my teacher because he seems like he has a wealth of knowledge but takes the class somewhat more seriously than most of the participants. At least that's what I feel... He also stops the improvs and tries to make adjustments a lot more than my last teacher ever did which really stops the flow of improv and the emotions that are coming out of the scene. Sometimes it's good for the scene to be stopped and redirected but sometimes he literally just walks RIGHT into the scene and stops it multiple times in a row- maybe he should give off stage direction and shout adjustments and wait for them to arise... but he seems to want all of his changes implemented immediately regardless of natural fit into the scene. Oh well, this week i'll just have to keep all of this in mind and work around it. I got the scene i'll be working on for the rest of the course and my scene partner is with Crystal! Woot! she's pretty cool, i gotta say. It's too bad i don't live closer to federal way or i think i'd have a lot of fun hanging out with her. So the scene she and I are doing is from the play called "middle of the night" by Paddy Chayefsky and I play the part of Betty, a blonde 25 year old who is going to divorce her husband. great. I am none of those things :) But alas, only in a perfect world is one cast as what one already is. that's why it's acting, no? So anyhow, our scene is going to only be about 3 pages of text which is probably less than ten minutes but lucky for me, Crystal wanted to be Marilyn who has way more giant chunks of lines so the memorization for me should be fairly easy!

This Sunday, I think I may drive to Seattle extra early and meet up with Levi and Crystal to romp around the city before class. The weather is supposed to be phenomenal this weekend!

I visited the packing plant yesterday and tried packing some apples... I would SO be fired the first day! I don't think i've been that stressed out in a long time. Gotta check for bruises that are near invisible, russet, and punctures, on top of decay, all while the line is just continuously moving. stress stress stress!! these ladies get MAJOR props for being there for as long as they are and doing this for as long as they do. But then again, my company is rumored to be the best pay and best position for packing facilities in the state of washington because once you're in, you're solid, and the pay is higher than most places and the BIGGEST benefit is that we pack all-year long. Other facilities only pack during the season. I'm proud of the fact that I work for a company people want to be with... but dear god if they ever tell me i have to pack fruit, i will give up the pay and just stick to waitressing forever! ;P I'm going to go today and try one of the slower lines again...

Ok enough of all that. I've decided I need to scale back on my spending plans. Basically I have reduced everything down to priorities. I've bought plenty of seeds to plant this summer, and my harness and shoes are hopefully on their way. that will keep me occupied for the summer in terms of needing to spend money for things to do. Everything else, like floating the river and tanning and whatnot will be free essentially. The motorcyle may have to take a backseat to the lasik. Depends. I'm going to meet my birthday deadline no matter what so I'll have to see how much those school loans are going to kick my butt and then start putting money aside. Entonces, my ridiculous spending spree plans are being put aside to make way for the necessities this summer- gas for classes, lasik for me and my mom, my bike, and sadly but lastly, my DSLR....