Camera Wish list~

7:47 AM 0 Comments A+ a-

I am not the ambitious kind. I have simple wants and just enough drive to get them- most of the time. When I load things to do onto my little plate, it's not because I want to do these things to get someplace, it's just because I want to do them.
As such, I've researched and researched, and I've got a wish list that is slowly developing. Simplicity is key. And fancy is not.

I would like my first DSLR to be like my first car: dependable, beat up, used, completely endearing, stock, and highly functional. I think I'm going to go for a Canon T3. I've been told Canon is the most overpriced camera out there, but from what I can see, they all pretty much cost the same once they're about a year old. I'm ok with this. My Canon T3 is going to be AMAZING!! At about $400, it's completely affordable.... until I add the lens that I want...

I would like my first lens to not be the kit lens that usually comes with the camera. Which is why I'm looking only for a cheap Canon T3 body. The lenses that I would like to start with are either the EF 50 mm f/1.4 USM which will hit me at about $320 or the Canon 28-135 mm f/3.5 IS which will set me back about $300. Through my research I've definitely learned is to invest in the lens, the body be damned! Ok, well not that dramatic maybe but definitely worry more about the lens than what kind of super high-tech body you've got going on. That is why the lenses that I've chosen cost almost as much as the actual camera that I want to buy.... but after reading around a bit, I think I'd rather invest a little more to begin with and not have to upgrade later. The lens will stay a better quality lens no matter where my photography takes me... so, if you're going to spend the money to begin with, why not just spend it upfront and get something that's actually worth the money, right?

Hopefully my photo-taking skills are only so desperately meager because of the limited powers of my slightly dysfunctional point-and-shoot.... Though I must say, there are photographers out there who do a ridiculous amount of things with a point-and-shoot worse than mine... :(

Maybe I shouldn't get the camera and stick with my point and shoot for a while... And really develop some basic skills...
...
...
BUT I HATE ITTTTTT~

Really though, I hate my little digital camera. It makes me upset.

Well anyhow, the DSLR won't be coming for a bit so I've got time, but until then..... as always donations are welcome! :P