Happiness #18 : Silliness

9:58 PM 1 Comments A+ a-

What better way
To welcome a new day,
Than with good conversation
and sleep deprivation?

How do you like my two second poetic vomit?  I'm certainly no Tennyson or Joyce, but quite possibly I could be a Seuss. 

The day was great
But I was late
Again. Still, coffee please
or else I don't see
Myself working this eight hour shift.

I'm in the writing mood,
but the fun writing mood
not the good writing mood.  
But a mood is a mood
is a mood is a mood. 
If I write with a mood,
And it doesn't matter which mood,
It's all gonna be good,
Gonna be a good mood. 
You know what I'm saying, dude?

There. Over there.
Papers flying left 
And scratch pieces crawling
Right.  All over my face,
In my space, and air.
Emerson said what? 
Thoreau threw a pen.
The Light Brigade went the wrong way
much to everyone's dismay.
And paragraphs inch out.
Dot dot dot dot dot....
"Quotations"
Citations? 
A Minute a letter,
A word an hour,
but no more.
What did he say again?
The words
s p l a   t t   e       r
a     n d s p    l at    t e  r
all over the page
all over the page
all overt hepa ge
allove rthep age
alloverthepage.

Ah, already that time I see.
Ink on my cheek
I slobbered
.
.
.
And the cursor blinks
with stupid i's
and a blank expression
all
over
the
page.

1 comments:

Write comments
eunji unni
AUTHOR
May 30, 2011 at 7:37 AM delete

i fucking love this. did you seriously write this????

Reply
avatar