Happiness #4 : Balancing Test

8:37 PM 1 Comments A+ a-

Today, I am just so happy that I have not done anything in my life to make me ashamed of myself.

Despite many things I am not proud of, despite the relationships and friends I have treated carelessly, more so than they ever deserved, I trust that I had to go through all of that to be who I am today.  I trust that me then made the right decisions for me today.  For all of that, I have no regrets.

"May the bridges I burn light the way."

I promise myself to never let my passion burn out, and that is how I will be sure to never live with any regrets.  If some are burned along the way, so be it.  But the few that stay will have my love and devotion for all of my life.  And that has to be good enough.  In a balancing test between my pursuit of happiness and somebody else's feelings, there can only be one outcome that won't result in eventual resentment... and I'm not ashamed to say it.

I only hope I have the will to remain honest no matter how hard it becomes to be so, otherwise nothing will have been worth it.

"If I fall, if I die, know I lived it to the fullest,
If i fall, if I die, know I lived and missed some bullets,
I'm on the pursuit of happiness and I know,
everything that shine ain't always gonna be gold,
I'll be fine once I get it, I'll be good..."

1 comments:

Write comments
Bastiat
AUTHOR
April 21, 2011 at 7:56 AM delete

You're too wise for your age..jammer

Reply
avatar