Happiness #2 : Bibliophile

5:52 PM 1 Comments A+ a-

Each one a world of its own
Whirling on alone.
Independent of its neighbor
But dependently crippled.
Secrets contained
Within 
Unassuming faces,
Showcasing visages,
Like trap doors
Enticing, enveloping.
Litter the walls
Like candy for Orwell. 


Today it is simple.  Perhaps too simple.  I am so so grateful that I love reading books.  I cannot imagine a life without reading.

I love the look of books: they are more attractive to me than any Brad Pitt or Johnny Depp.
I love the smell of books: they are more fragrant than the pavement after a rainstorm or the most memorable cologne
I love the weight of books: they are the perfect weight for comfort, the perfect weight for familiarity and intimacy
I love the sound of books: they are the voice of magic as it goes whooshing past in a flutter of pages through countless hours until daybreak

Today, I am happy to think of the library I hope to have one day. I can't explain how many times I have imagined my dream home where the only room I actually think through in any form of detail is my library full of the books that I have read.  Sometimes there is a secret entrance.  Sometimes, it is a place separate from the actual house.  Sometimes it is full of sunlight with floor to ceiling windows.  Sometimes there's a slide that leads to the pool.  Always, I am in the room lovingly looking at my most prized possessions in life, knowing I don't have to go far to escape to a better world.  Whatever my library looks like, nothing can lessen the value of being let into the private mind of the greatest thinkers who have ever been alive.

>>>> June 26, 2013
perusing my older posts I just wanted to add a little something that fits right in with this love of mine:

I'm so glad I'm not the only one... Let's find each other :)

1 comments:

Write comments
Ted Sonnier
AUTHOR
June 18, 2011 at 12:17 AM delete

Wow.. I feel like you peered into my thoughts and maliciously exposed them to the world. It is like you have written about me. I have never realized until now that I don't ever think of my future house past what my library will look like. Uncanny! And I too, have embarked on a lifetime love affair with books of any kind I can get my hands on.

I enjoy your blog. It's sweet. And you express yourself in a style that makes me wish I knew you. Thank you.

Reply
avatar