Happiness #5 : Class

4:17 PM 0 Comments A+ a-

Today I am happy to report that I truly will miss being in school.  Anybody who knows anything about me will probably never believe that I feel this way but it's true.  I am terrified that I will never have a forum to discuss all of the thought-diarrhea floating around in my head and receive such a range of commentary.  While I scoff at those who I secretly believe to be intellectually inferior to me (yeah yeah I'm a bitch, whatever) in reality, it's those who pose such ridiculous oppositions that allow me creatively challenge myself and my own ideals.  The dumber and more creative their views are, the more I get to explore and discover how I actually feel about my stance on the subject.

Weird thought, I will actually come away with more respect for those I believed to be absurd for their opposing views, than for those who were good conversation because they were easily swayed.... At least the dumb ones had conviction.

Is this a happy thought? I guess it's sort of bittersweet.  But it's better than what I thought would happen, which is that I would walk away from four years in this institution with nothing to be sad about.  I feel that tossing $200,000 aside should come with SOME sense of loss other than the monetary gouging!