Showers

11:01 PM 0 Comments A+ a-

Happiness #12 : Prerequisite to Life

So I've discovered a bit belatedly in my life, I should never be allowed to speak to anyone or try to accomplish anything until I have had a shower.  Something about bathing just picks up my mood and after having been a cranky depressy pants all morning/afternoon today, I finally took a shower and felt infinitely better.  I can't say I was feeling HAPPY per se since by that point I was so down that at best, the shower just put me back to neutral.  However, the logical conclusion must then be: wake up = neutral + shower = happy > wake up = neutral + (-1) shower = poopy day.  I'm glad I've discovered this today because this will prevent future obstacles of being bummed about my life, which ultimately leads to being bummed about my future, which then ultimately leads to questioning what is the point of it all, which sucks and is completely unproductive. Agreed?

So, stay away from me pre-shower if you value your happiness as not only will I most likely smell, and be fairly unpleasant to look at, but I will be in dire need of attention and some serious cheering up... which nobody should really be subjected to for no other reason than that I haven't bathed yet...

Sorry for putting you in that situation...

Challenge #1 : Call an unpleasant memory

I called a person, who I was not very friendly with last year, rather spontaneously.  It was presented to me as a challenge this afternoon and of course I welcome a good challenge as often as I can.  Now despite the harsh feelings that we had had toward each other, I must say I am rather surprised at how simple it was to just have a pleasant conversation and forget the sentiments of the past.  Yes, my heart was thumping as I heard the phone ring - I didn't know how he would respond should he actually pick up at all.  After all, it's not as if my number was saved in his phone. I didn't know if I would just end up pissed off and annoyed as I always was... But more importantly I didn't know if he would be creeped out, or annoyed, or baffled, or what, and when he actually answered, it was strange asking if it was who I thought it was when I could already tell by his voice and demeanor that it is in fact, exactly who I thought it was.  And it was even stranger having to announce myself as if I was re-introducing myself to a stranger but with the inclusion of a context to jog the memory that isn't exactly a pleasant remembrance.  But he took it very well and was very pleasant and civil and it was so nice just to be able to laugh and say, "Look, I know we weren't the best of friends, and wasn't it kind of fun to have someone to vilify for a while?  Life's no fun without someone to hate once in a while, right?  But it's good to hear you're doing well now.  I mean it." And I did.  And I still do.  No matter what the history is, there is something so relieving and satisfying to hear that somebody is doing good and that their life is going well.  Not only that it is something else to be able to say, "No hard feelings." and actually have no hard feelings. Truly.