Happiness #6 : Smooshing

8:55 PM 0 Comments A+ a-

Today I had an amazing day.  Nothing special happened at all except that I woke up later than I originally wanted, but felt really good about it.  Then I went to work a double shift at work.  No conflict today.  No arguments or intense debates instigated.  I just got to sit back and relax with a few friends.  I had forgotten what it felt like to just "hang out" and not be so wrapped up in seriousness.

Aside from that, little things kept me up, like seeing friends I hadn't seen in a while.  Like having different people bring me tons of random food.  Like sharing stories with people, recalling good memories.  Like not having the mental crash that usually intrudes during the middle of a double shift.  Like vandalizing friends' IDs and generally just goofing around.  Minus one strange instance where there was a miscommunication of jokes, today was an unusually great day of smooshing; food, people, stories, and goofing.

All in all, it was just a regular day.  And that makes it so much better than so many other kinds of days~