Timed Friends

8:28 PM 0 Comments A+ a-

Happiness #11 : Friends who arrive on cue

Today I sent in a job application.  Like a real people job application.  Can I say I'm happy about it? Well that's questionable...

Instead, let's see: Today I made it to all of my classes.  Had fruitful discussions.  Got out of my second class early and on my way home I ran into a friend I met two years ago.  Now talk about chance!  Two years ago we had barely anything in common other than our love of laughing at my ridiculous antics, and our summer calc class.  Today, I see her for the first time in years out of nowhere sitting at a cafe and luckily, we didn't have one of those "nod and acknowledge that we know each other but don't actually like each other enough to really meet up and catch up" situations.  Both of us being incredibly bubbly it went something like this: I spot her.  I point through the window very near to her face.  She glances up to see what is invading her peripheral vision.  Recognition.  Surprise.  Gladness. "Come Inside!" gesture.  I go inside. We softly shriek a bit and hug.  And it's like we're back in summer calc....  It was absolutely beautiful.  And what's more, we are both in a similar place in our lives with regards to dealing with how to reconcile keeping important people in our lives vs. following what feels like destiny.  Two years later, we are more alike than we could have ever foreseen, and two years later we spot each other, one month before we will likely never see each other again, and give each other the very unbiased solace that we've been trying desperately not to ask for.

And then the rest of the day.  I guess the job application has a little less priority in my happiness count.  If I get the job, then it can take priority over EVERYTHING else... but that's for another day.

Books update:
And can I just say, I've been reading a ridiculous amount of STUFF for all of my classes and NONE of it can be crossed off my Ultimate Reading List.  Lame.  But soon enough!!! If you can only imagine, I'm squealing a little inside at the prospect of reading for hours and hours and hours... without a paper due at the end of it!!!